Kindergarten readiness is something that every parent thinks about at some point. You wonder if your child is socially ready, mentally ready, and educationally ready. There are all kinds of ways to prepare your child for kindergarten and I’m sharing a few of those ways with you today.
To help ease parent’s minds, I recently wrote an eBook entitled, “Kindergarten Ready in 30 Days“. This book contains 30 days worth of activities for parents and children to do together in the days leading up to the first day of school. It is a great resource for parents and children.
Today, I want to share some other great resources you can use to get your child Kindergarten Ready. Many of these are even free or partially free! Download these resources now and start using them with your child! Kindergarten preparation should be a fun, enjoyable thing. Make sure not to push your child, but to make time to work with them in a fun, relaxing environment!
Tips for Creating a Good Learning Environment for Kindergarten Prep
1. Make plenty of time for your activities so your child doesn’t feel rushed.
2. Use manipulatives or hands on learning instead of worksheets.
3. Set time for kindergarten prep at a time when your child is well rested and has eaten.
4. Have the room quiet without the TV or radio on to distract your child.
5. Stay relaxed. If your child feels pressured or stressed, they won’t learn as well. You want learning to be fun!
Resources for Getting Ready for Kindergarten
First, you can get 10 Activities from Kindergarten Ready in 30 Days for FREE here!
ABCmouse.com is a great preschool/kindergarten online program and you can try it free for 30 days!