If you’ve followed my blog for any amount of time, you know that I am one of the least organized people you know. I have a hard time keeping track of my daily tasks and schedule. I keep a calendar for major things, but often minor things get forgotten. That’s why when I was given the chance to review the homeschool planner, Homeschool Planet, from Homeschool Buyers Co-op, I jumped at the chance. I needed a way to keep track of what my children were doing in school, as well as my daily tasks.
This planner is more than just a calendar or checklist. It’s an all-inclusive planner for you to use in every area of your life. When I first set it up, I set up a profile for my husband, my daughters, and myself. I ended up using the planner mostly for my daughters homeschool things, but also for some of my daily chores.
Here are just a few features of the Homeschool Planet planner.
- Daily and weekly email reminders for the parents and older children (I used both the daily and weekly function of this!)
- Widgets that can be customized to fit your needs. Some options include shopping list, scripture verses, meal plans, and research.
- Separate logins for each child so they can access their assignments and to-do lists. (We didn’t use this function since my kids are so little, but we definitely would in the future!)
- Calendar view to see everything on your calendar at once (daily, weekly, and monthly settings), and Planner view to see only your tasks to complete.
- Lesson planning options where you can add assignments, postpone assignments, include instructions for your child, links, and more.
- An option to carry over lessons that you didn’t complete. (I LOVE this option! If you miss a day, you just push “carry forward” and it bumps ALL your lessons for you! Oh, how I would have loved this when I was a public school teacher!)
- Grading Helper for those with students older than mine.
I want to share a few of my FAVORITE features of Homeschool Planet with you. I’m sharing some of their photos since my screenshots would have my children’s names on them. These screen shots look just like what I see on my screen though.
Reschedule Assignments: You can tell I’m not the most organized person since this is one of my favorite parts! It really does help me to be organized though! I love being able to bump assignments forward when I need to and I like that there are so many choices for when I do miss marking off an assignment. It’s a big help!