For Christmas last year, I had one request and one request only. An Instant Pot. My sweet husband granted that request and we’ve been SO impressed with it! I have never been the best cook. I can make a few core meals and the rest are adequate, especially chicken. Somehow, the chicken I make always comes out dry or spongy. Not so with the Instant Pot. It’s changed everything!
I’ve recently branched out and started trying new recipes in my Instant Pot. The other day, I was short on ingredients, so I decided to combine a couple recipes and the result was nothing short of amazing. Everyone loved it! Even my SUPER picky kids! I quickly wrote down the recipe so as not to forget and I decided I’d share it with you!
One of my favorite things about this meal is that everything is done and hot at the same time. Your vegetables, meat, and noodles all finish cooking at exactly the same moment so you aren’t waiting for something to get done. I’m terrible at timing everything perfectly, so this works great for me.
I hope your family enjoys this Cheesy Chicken and Noodles as much as mine does!
Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken and Noodles
This recipe makes approximately six servings.
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (frozen)
4 cups of chicken broth
2 cups of water
8 oz of egg noodles
8 oz of frozen corn
8 oz of frozen broccoli
4 Tbsp of butter
4 Tbsp (or more) of seasoned garlic salt (we get ours from Sam’s Club)
1 tsp of pepper
1/2 cup of fresh shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 cup of shredded colby jack cheese
1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place chicken thighs on the bottom of your Instant Pot. Pour chicken broth over them.
- Set pot to sealing and cook on manual (or poultry) for 6 minutes.
- When the pot beeps and time is up, do a quick pressure release and use tongs to remove the chicken to a plate. Leave all the liquid in the pot.
- Dump the egg noodles into the pot. Add 2 cups of water (or enough to cover the noodles) and stir. Place frozen broccoli and corn in the pot.
- Place the chicken on top of this mixture.
- Replace the lid and be sure the vent is set to sealing.
- Cook on manual for 3 minutes.
- When the time is up, again do a quick pressure release. When the steam quits coming and the button goes down, remove the lid.
- Take the chicken out and place on a plate. Using hot pads, remove the pot and strain excess liquid. Place the noodles and vegetables back in the pot and set to Saute.
- Add the butter, garlic salt, pepper, and cheese. Stir and allow the cheese to melt.
- Shred the chicken and add to the noodle and vegetable mixture. Stir to combine and serve.
The amounts on the noodles and vegetables (and even the chicken!) can easily be changed. Just make sure your water covers the noodles and there aren’t so many vegetables that you can’t close the lid of your instant pot.
If you try this recipe, come back and let me know! I’d love to know what you think!